We crossed City Palace by red electric shuttle in late afternoon, black benches under a white tubular canopy: brown patterned shirt and green-and-blue outfit in the middle row, beige and bright red behind, a carved white balustrade and palms beyond. The Sisodias of Mewar had built this court room by room after Maharana Udai Singh II moved the capital from Chittorgarh in 1559, mixing a living palace with museum galler…